Thursday, July 31, 2008

Can't get enough of a good thing... LAKE POWELL

So we went to Lake Powell again and we camped .... last time I am doing that 
I got a full body exfoliation from all the sand on my air mattress. 
The girls had a great time they are real troopers. Me on the other hand will be staying either in a motel or house boat. 
Everyone else had a house boat in the cove we were in and we looked like white trash when our tents blew over and the canopies went flying with every gust of wind... needless to say it was an adventure. 
We caught frogs 
ok I caught frogs Brandan wouldn't touch them.... We would go "frog hunting" as Addie called it every night and put our frogs in a bucket and hopped that they didn't hop out. I like frogs but not enough to sleep with them.
Brandan's grandma came with us (she is the one in the cute black hat) she has never been to lake powell and she did everything from tubing to sleeping in a blown over tent to squatting out doors. ( oh the joys of being a girl.)
Brandan and his brother Brice. Brandan is wake boarding and Brice skiing 

2 comments:

Heather said...

Sounds like you guys had a pretty eventful trip. The frog hunting looked like fun!

Rebecca said...

Hey, Rachel! Sorry I'm so lame and it took me so long to come check out your blog! What a sweet little family you have! It seems like I just saw you at the ole' Macaroni Grill. I can't believe how fast time flies! So are you living in Washington? We are moving there in a few weeks. We're your new neighbors! We'll have to get the girls together for some play time.