Monday, October 17, 2011

Mitchell Family Trip

My mom planned a river rafting adventure for us kids.
It was Brandan and I, my mom, Jameson (my brother) and Jessica and Troy
( my sister and her husband) 
First thing, they ask if any of us want to take a "Duckie" 
( a little blow up boat with no guide) Jessi and Troy volunteer. I was like WTH. I knew they would fall in and they were the ones who were the most uneasy about the whole "adventure"
Then, we go to get in the boat and push off from the shore and 
my mom falls in....I knew then we were in for a great ride.
The first huge rapid we come up on is called "Jaws" as you can see my whole
family is at the front of the boat. we go into this HUGE rapid and I close my eyes, then get splashed with freezing cold water and am laughing and open my eyes and my brother is gone. He went in.... so we look for him and there he is floating down the rapids with the look of TERROR on his face.
So my mom decides she is going to go in after him. I start yelling at her that if she goes in it won't help a dang thing. I am yelling " sit down mom we'll float over to him and pull him in" the poor people who were on the boat with us were probably thinking oh boy we are on the boat with "that" family. We finally get Jamey in the boat and continue on we look back and Jessi and Troy are doing great. 


hahaha look at Brandan's foot clear up in the air.



 This rapid was the only place they took pictures. So far Jessi and Troy are still dry. 

These are some freakin' huge rapids.  Right after this picture Jessi and Troy tipped their "duckie" and got all scraped up and Jessi was not getting back in that stupid little boat. well Troy didn't want to get in either so we pawned the duckie off on some other guys and Jessi and Troy came on the boat with us.
Everyone went in except for Brandan and I.
hehehehe
all in all it was a super fun trip down the Colorado in Moab.
Thanks MOM!!

No comments: