Addie started soccer this season.
We were walking up to her first practice and I told her to run up there and she said "mom I hate running..." I thought to myself "oh boy we are in for a long season of the wrong sport."
But, she has really loved it and is good at it.
I have turned into one of 'those' parents.... I have already gotten a technical
Let me explain.... The girls are out there playing and fighting over the ball and a girl from the other team slaps one of our girls in the face and then steals the ball. That was it for me the REF wasn't watching. The entire game we were fouled and they were not penalized. So I go marching down there and say " REF! do you allow slapping in the face?" she rolled her eyes at me and didn't answer. So I say louder and with more force "Do you allow the girls to slap each other in the face?" She said "no" I say back " then you need to watch closer" and she yells " THATS A TECHNICAL!! ONE MORE AND YOU'RE OUTTA HERE" I started laughing and walked away. So I have turned out to be a very competitive parent, who would've thought :)




5 comments:
That's so funny. Sometimes I just don't even watch because I get so mad. Tyler is usually the one getting the technicals though. I am just the embarrased wife waiting in the car!
That sounds like you Rachel! I love it!! I'm proud of you for standing up for those girls!
Oh to have little kids again! The Easter egg hunt looked fun. I love all the pictures.
Way to be the boss on the soccer field!
I would have done the exact same thing; you go girl! :0). I am serious stuff like that upsets me so much. When it's your child you will go to war (I have also turned into one of 'those' parents). So good for you, Rach!
Love it. Love it. Love it :) :) :) You just made my day!
Post a Comment