Thursday, October 23, 2008

Hiking in Zion

We decide to go Zion with Brandan's family over "fall break" formally known as UEA (whatever) 
Anyway, we decided to have brunch at the Bumbleberry Inn Restaurant then go into the park. once into the park we took a shuttle. Brandan and I were talking about how different it was now. The last time we were in Zion was when Brandan proposed to me almost 7 years ago on New Years. If you haven't been for a while it has changed a lot. No cars! Which is actually a nice change I remember hearing the buzzing of cars while we hiked and now you don't. Back to the story... We took the shuttle to the  Emerald Pools Hike. We thought the Grandma's and Grandpa's would like that hike better than Angel's Landing ok and also our kids. Brandan and I took the long way. I didn't think not going to the gym for a week would really make that big of a difference... IT DID. lets just say I was glad I didn't attempt to do Angel's Landing like I wanted to. After we hiked around a while and saw all the beautiful fall colors, we decided to head back. I think we all thought at the same time. "We can't leave without ice cream" so we got some ice cream and walked down to this little ranch that has domesticated elk and buffalo.


I bet you can't tell we had ice cream by Addie's face! 

Buffalo... huge buffalo
Katers loved playing here this was her favorite part. 
I kept throwing food at this elk and it would scream at me it was so funny. I don't know if it was screaming but if you ever have heard an elk call it sure sounds like they're screaming.

This is our little family up by Emerald Pools. We had a great time. I kept thinking to myself why don't we come here more often. I really need to take advantage of the beautiful places me. It was so fun thanks for inviting us grandma and grandpa. 

5 comments:

CassideeT said...

Hey, thanks for commenting on my blog. It's always fun to find old friends and catch up on their life. Your girls are absolutely adorable! And it seems you married a fellow Snow Canyoner as well. Zion is such a beautiful place, I really miss it...and the domesticated reindeer!

Heather said...

What a fun adventure. Next time we head that way we should totally stop by there.

Michael and Bonnie said...

I love Zions. What a great place to be proposed to. Looks like you had fun!

Dave and Ashley Gay said...

Chocolate face is the best!

What's your email address? I'm coming down to SG in the next couple of weeks and Jana's throwing my a baby shower. Need to send you an evite!

You can email me at info@studio525design.com

Ash

Anonymous said...

That really makes me miss Zion!