And so it begins our wonderful trip to Cancun that Brandan planned for my Birthday surprise. We had a great trip and we are so grateful for all those that helped with our kids. We couldn't have done it with out you. Cancun was beautiful! I rediscovered why I fell in love with Brandan and we are truly best friends. I couldn't imagine my life with out him and our beautiful kids. I was rejuvenated and ready to come back and be a mom. This, I think is a mandatory thing for every couple. It doesn't need to be Cancun, though I highly recommend it, it can be anywhere just get away and rediscover your love for each other and your kids.
This is the view from our hotel room. It over looked this cool little lagoon. My hair went curly and fizzy as soon as I got off the plane it was raining so I instantly had a fro. So my hair will be curly from this point on.
The hotel was really nice and all Inclusive which I think is soooo much better then a cruise!
Brandan did such a good job booking the whole thing.
Thanks for the greatest Birthday ever!!!
So on my Birthday it started out nice but then it started raining so we decided to go down town to "Market 28" Its where all the so called "cheap stuff" is well we found out there was a Costco down there and we wanted to see what it was like. It was exactly the same as here just a whole section of alcohol. So we had some costco pizza which tasted the exact same. then it started to rain hard. and this is Brandan trying to catch a bus home. I took the picture from under some shops. It was so fun to be out in the pouring rain in Mexico with Brandan. At least Brandan knew Spanish. I really did have fun in the rain we were laughing the entire time.
This is on the party boat to Isla Mujeres. when Isla Mujeres (which means island of women) was first discovered by the spaniards they didn't find anything but a temple and statues of pregnant women. They later found out that it was the island of fertility and so when the Mayans wanted their crops to grow better they would visit the island, and when women wanted to get pregnant they would visit the island. Our guide told everyone that if you didn't want babies then go to the hotel and go straight to sleep. No hoochy coochy .
The water was this color everywhere. True paradise
This is the view from the beach side cafe we ate at.
Brandan, Coke in hand, at the very tip of the party boat we took to the island.
This is Tulum some mayan ruins. It was beautiful.
Look at that ocean. Really, if you ever get the chance to go to Cancun, go to Tulum and make time to swim in the ocean there. We didn't have very much time here so we didn't get to swim and it was really hot so we really wanted to.
This is an Iguana they were hundreds of them at Tulum
Isn't it amazing what these Mayans could build!
Me with my constant companion a virgin pina colada. Our hotel was all inclusive so all the drinks you want. Yes we would get funny looks asking for virgin drinks but hey we at least got our moneys worth
We went to a place called Xel-HA to snorkel it is a place where fresh water and salt water mix. We saw Sting Rays, we took an underwater camera but we have to develop it so I will post it if and when we get it developed.
This is us in a hammock after we went snorkeling.
Look at my HOT husband!! This is the beach right outside our hotel. It was so fun because there was a sand bar right in the middle of the ocean you would swim out to it and catch some awesome waves back into shore!!
We are so sad to leave...
The last Sunset we saw in Cancun




9 comments:
All I have to say is that you guys are awesome. Dave and I plan to go to Europe as soon as I can get Dax of the booby. We'll see if it really happens. I love that you guys "make it" happen. hehehe. It looks like you had a ton of fun! Thanks for posting so fast because I wanted to see.
What a wonderful trip (and husband)! I'm glad you posted so many pictures. It looks like a very happy birthday!
Looks like you guys had a blast. I am totally jealous. Maybe you guys can take us next year :) I am glad you guys had fun.
What a great adventure you two had. It looks like you had a great time!
Yeah, I am a bit jealous...ok a lot. Maybe someday when Eric isn't tied to a hospital we can follow your example
how come you didn't take me!? So fun. You look good Rach.
Wow, what a trip! Thanks for letting me live vicariously through you. Maybe next time you can just take me with?! Glad you had a great time!
So much fun!!! I am glad you guys were able to get away! It looks like it was well worth it!
Michael and I have been to Tulum and it's wonderful! Snorkling is the greatest too! I'm so glad you two went. We waited 20 years before we started traveling to celebrate our love....now we're making up for lost time!!!
Post a Comment